Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tick Walk


We went down to the state land again but tried a different spot. As you can see there were some small hills and lots of open fields. It was a beautiful afternoon.

I was surprised to see some milkweed fluff still hanging on after months of winter and all the wind we have had of late. It was so sparkly in the afternoon sun I had to take a picture.

















Some of the apple trees are already past their peak flower wise but this one on the edge of the field near the river is just about ready to flower. I am glad you can see how blue the sky was.

Gus is always ready for a walk and hard to rein in for a picture. This was taken just before we discovered Jim and I were covered with ticks! I picked about 40 off Jim and he found at least 20 on me. My skin has been crawling ever since. Gus however seems to have avoided the wrath of the little blood suckers probably due to the fact he takes a flea and tick prevention med year round. I may start using his stuff if this continues to be a problem. I guess everyone is right when they say this is a bad season for ticks.


No comments: